I kickstart the morning by quilting my sleeve pieces and sewing them together, in between waiting my turn for the ironing and sleeve boards to tidy up my seams.
Thankfully someone does indeed have a blunt embroidery needle with a big eye so I can weave that errant orange piece back into place!
It takes the better part of the day to turn two of these (each with three seams):
Then fell stitching the 6 sleeve seams and my 4 remaining bodice lining seams together… phew.
The sleeve vents complicated things a little, but look great now complete!
Before the end of the day, I also managed to sew shut my shoulder seams, before fell stitching the lining together:
Considering the progress to date and the fact that there is only one official day left of the class… I’m wondering how close I’ll get to actually completing this! There is still an incredible amount of work to be done. Apparently this jacket takes the Chanel atelier 70 hours to complete – I think my first attempt might be a little closer to 100+ hours, and I’m beginning to understand just how much value is in the $6-7000 price tag of a RTW Chanel jacket (not to even mention the $25-30k price tag for the couture version).
And here we are – I managed to get 2 of the 3 seams in each sleeve to match: